Current measures related to COVID-19
Updated on September 6, 2021.
The personal presence of students during the teaching while studying at BUT is enabled, according to the decision of the relevant bodies of the faculty or higher education institute.
BUT students and employees are obliged to comply with the rules for crossing the state border of the Czech Republic set by the currently valid protective measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic when arriving from abroad to the Czech Republic.
Students are obliged to immediately notify the study department of the faculty that they have been imposed a quarantine or isolation in connection with COVID-19.
Rules for entering BUT buildings and common areas of BUT buildings
- It is forbidden for employees, students and other persons with symptoms of viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.) to enter BUT buildings.
- Every day before entering the BUT buildings, except for the halls of residence and canteens, students are obliged to provide BUT with a declaration that they do not have symptoms of viral infectious disease and that they have not been imposed a quarantine or isolation. In case the student has already suffered from COVID-19, they declare that they have been without symptoms of the disease for at least 3 days and that their isolation according to valid regulations had ended. The declaration is filled in electronically in the BUT information system.
- In the common areas of BUT buildings, in classrooms and other BUT premises outside the employee's usual place of work and on BUT premises where the employee comes into contact with other employees, students and other persons (e.g. registries, secretariats, study departments, etc.) the stay and movement of employees, students and other persons without respiratory protective equipment is prohibited.
The provisions of the preceding paragraph shall not apply to:
- the examined and the examiner/examiners during the exam, if all persons maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters,
- students in education who are seated, if other conditions for participation in education are met,
- lecturers and performers in the production and creation of an audiovisual work or program.
The employees, students and other persons on the BUT premises are obliged to perform hand disinfection when entering buildings, after using toilets and before entering classrooms and libraries. The necessary and suitable means for hand disinfection will be provided by the relevant department of BUT.
Testing of students accommodated at dormitories
With effect from August 31, 2021, accommodation of students at BUT dormitories is allowed only if the proves that they:
- have been vaccinated against COVID-19, as evidenced by a national certificate of vaccination carried out or completed, provided that at least 14 days have elapsed since the completed vaccination schedule;
- have undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease, the isolation period has elapsed in accordance with the applicable emergency measure of the Ministry of Health and no more than 180 days have elapsed since the first positive antigen/RT-PCR test for SARS CoV-2;
- have undergone a RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus with a negative result no later than 7 days ago, as evidenced by a confirmation from the health service provider;
- have undergone a rapid antigen test (RAT) for SARS-CoV-2 antigen with a negative result no later than 72 hours ago, as evidenced by a confirmation from the healthcare provider; or
- have undergone a rapid antigen test under the supervision of a healthcare professional through an online service no later than 24 hours ago and proves that this test has been passed and its negative result by confirmation from the health service provider.
The student is obliged to upload copies of certificates or confirmations of COVID-19 and confirmations of test results to the COVID module in the BUT Intraportal, in which the results of testing students for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or SARS-CoV-2 virus antigen.
The full text of the Rector's decision.
The full text of the Rector's decision.