AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
In FCH BUT we are focused on connecting the academic knowledge with its practical application. The results of our expert work contribute to the development of our human society, the sustainable development of industry and are environment-friendly. That is why our work is appreciated by other experts and the public.
- A unique degradable hydrogel that effectively heals burns, can be used as a bone filler and helps to gradually release drugs or chemotherapeutics.
- Alkali-activated concrete made from waste and secondary raw materials. It costs half the price of concrete made from Portland cement.
- Hydal biotechnology is produced using hazardous waste and serves as a biological substitute for microplastics. Therefore, it helps to solve two crucial global issues.
- Methods for quick analysis of stability and degradability of soil organic matter. They allow modeling quantity and speed of greenhouse gases emission that affects the climate as well as the quality of the soil.
- The cooperation on the project Research and development of advanced thin-film sensors for direct monitoring of the time variable by means of preciously calibrated color change won the category Original Solution. Within this project, the easily useable light dosimeters were developed. They help to protect artwork in museums and galleries from the harmful impacts of daylight and can be used to control the exposure of human skin to sun and prevent sunburns.
China High Tech Fair
International award - between „TOP 10 products“ presented on the prestigious China High Tech Fair in Shenzen.
Seal of Excellence
The international award of the European Commission „Seal of Excellence“ for a project no. 762484, „HYDAL-BIOTECH Biotechnology for the production of PHA biopolymer from waste cooking oil“ included in H2020.
Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award
Prestigious international prize „Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award“ for the technology HYDAL (PHA).
The Prize of Brno City 2015
Winner of the category Technical Sciences was prof. Márová.
Winner of the category „Innovation Idea“ for the team of FCH BUT Brno.
Certificate EN ISO 9001:2008
As the only Czech university lab dealing with metals and corrosion, we gained the certificate of the management of quality EN ISO 9001:2008.