Organisation of teaching activities in WS 2020/2021 – updated on 23/09/2020
– Updated on 23 September 2020 –
With respect to the emergency measure issued by the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region, the personal presence of students at the university is prohibited, effective 23 September 2020 until further notice.
The laboratory work in smaller groups is exempted from the ban and uninterrupted. Further information will be provided by your teachers/supervisors.
All lectures and seminars will continue online or in another form of distance teaching. Your teachers will inform you about further details.
Following activities are still possible:
- Individual visits to the library and study rooms
- Individual consultations
- Exams (max. 10 people)
- Laboratory and experimental work (max. 15 people)
The teaching activities in this academic year begin on Monday, 21 September 2020. In order to meet not only online, but also in person, we ask you for cooperation and respect to the following rules and preventive measures for the period of the COVID-19 spread (these are described in the Dean’s decision no. 19/2020).
When can I enter the faculty premises?
- Students are allowed to enter the faculty premises only if they do not show any symptoms of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell etc.) and they are not ordered any quarantine measures at the moment.
- On the faculty premises, students are obliged to wear respiratory protective equipment (covering your mouth and nose), such as a facemask or a respirator. The obligation to wear a facemask does not apply to lecturers while in class and also to individual work in laboratories while keeping a safe distance of more than 2 metres.
- Before entering any BUT building, students are obliged to provide “a declaration of health” (an affidavit stating that they do not show any symptoms of viral infection and they have not been ordered quarantine/isolation). This declaration is provided electronically in the BUT information system (“Studis”).
- Students are asked to follow all currently applicable hygiene and other preventive measures: use hand sanitizers especially when entering the premises, after using the toilets and before entering classrooms, laboratories, students’ canteen or library; avoid unnecessary indoor gatherings of people (it does not apply to work activities, seminars, conferences and other official events).
- On the common faculty premises (entrance hall, corridors, toilets, canteens, cafeteria, open study rooms, kitchenettes etc.), students are obliged to keep a distance of at least 2 metres from another person.
- In order to minimize the risks of spreading the disease, especially during the lectures, it is recommended (where applicable) to employ the practices of “hybrid teaching” (combining contact and online teaching methods) which include streaming of ongoing lectures online via MS Teams platform. The links will be provided in BUT IS and in your individual schedule.
- Current updates on the teaching will be provided via BUT messages or at the e-learning site for each course. General information and regulations are to be found on the faculty website.
- In such cases, students are obliged to inform the FCH BUT International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 541 149 303) immediately.